Take this Course
CAD$325 – Purchase required to enroll
- Neonatal Resuscitation ProgramThe Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is an educational program that introduces the concepts and skills of neonatal resuscitation.
- In Canada, NRP is administered by the Canadian Paediatric Society and is designed to teach individuals and teams that may be required to resuscitate newborn babies.
- NRP course content is evidence-based and is delivered across Canada.
- The purpose of NRP is to provide health care professionals with the knowledge and skills of neonatal resuscitation. Successful completion of the course does not guarantee that the learner is capable of resuscitation on actual newborns, but lays the foundation of knowledge and skills to build increasing resuscitation proficiency.
- NRP will continue to advance the principles of adult learning, using new tools, such as simulation, debriefing, video recording and teamwork training in the classroom. Face to face and small group teaching will be optimized by making pre-reading and pre-testing a prerequisite.
- Initial and renewal courses will be similar and based on the needs of learners.
- The Provider course includes 9 post tests, 5 skills stations to demonstrate clinical performance and an all-intensive “Megacode” evaluation.
- The nine lessons include: Overview and Principles of Resuscitation, Initial Steps in Resuscitation, Use of resuscitation Devices for Positive – Pressure Ventilation, Chest Compressions, Endotracheal Intubation, Medication, Special Considerations, Resuscitation of Babies Born Pre-term and Ethics and Care at the End of Life.
- Pre-study of the course materials is required prior to the course.
- Participants who complete the course successfully will receive a registration / course completion card from the Canadian pediatric Society (CPS).
- This registration is recognized throughout North America.
- Re-registration is recommended every 2 years.
- Course registrations are not confirmed until full payment is received by SIMS.
- Payment may be made by Visa or Mastercard by calling our office.
- You can e-transfer payment to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the course date.
- Cheques can be made payable to Saskatoon Institute for Medical Simulation.
- We respectfully request that all payments be made prior to the course and before any materials will be shipped out.
- There is a $75 administration fee for all course cancellations or schedule changes.
- If you cancel your booking 7-21 days in advance of the course date, you will receive a refund of half the fees paid.
- If you cancel your booking 7 days or less in advance of the course date, NO refund will be given.
- No shows or no call prior to a full course is considered a cancellation, and NO refund will be given.
Thank you for your understanding.